Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Response from Mrs Hofstetter regarding Dollar General opening prematurely

The following email was sent to myself, Mayor Rachford, John Jewell P&Z chairman, city council women Barbara Weber and Chris Mayhew of the Alexandria Recorder in response to the email in the previous posting.  I received this email at 6:55pm on the evening of Tuesday February 21, 2012.



Andy,

Upon the start of the business day on Tuesday, I received your email as
well as a response from Council person Barbara Weber and would like to
clarify a couple of issues on the procedures for the City of Alexandria
that has you concerned.

First I would like to say that I apologize for not returning your email
more promptly, but all government offices were closed on Monday in honor
of Presidents Day and Tuesday was my first day back in the office and my
first chance to view my emails.

I am addressing some complaints made regarding the opening of the Dollar
General at Summerlake Dr:

1) The building is completely bricked; there is still a bobcat in the
parking lot being used to clean up the area.
2) There was a problem with one of the lights; the issue being it did
not have a cover to redirect the light. The Manager turned it off and
assured us it will not be turned back on until the problem is addressed.
3) Planting of the remaining landscaping items, shrubs and other trees,
wil be completed upon warmer weather.
4) The dumpster will be in a completely enclosed corral; Due to changes
by Duke for the transformers, a new plan will
  require a retaining wall, which they have been given additional time
for completion. Rest assured it will be enclosed.
5) The monument sign at the entrance does require it be bricked; work on
that started today.
6) They were unaware there are no outside sales or displays; upon
notification, management rectified the problem.
7) Due to the size of the building, it requires inspection by the State
of Kentucky and their approval prior to them issuing a certificate of
Occupancy. Our building inspector would not be able to sign off on this
job; However, he has been onsite to oversee possible issues and to date,
had received total cooperation from everyone associated with this job.

I hope I have addressed all of your issues and concerns, but please do
not hesitate to contact me directly to have answers to your concerns. If
I cannot answer them for you, I will make sure I follow up and find an
answer for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment