Thursday, August 25, 2011

Email sent to CEO and Board of Directors of Dollar General

The following email was sent Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 7:12 PM and titled "Concerns over proposed Dollar General store, and the overall condition of Dollar General stores in Northern Kentucky"

It was sent to the following Dollar General executives:

Richard W. Dreiling; Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board
David M. Tehle; Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Steve Brimner; Vice President of Store Operations and Store Development
Todd Vasos; Division President and Chief Merchandising Officer
John W. Flanigan; Executive Vice President, Global Supply Chain
Susan S. Lanigan; Executive Vice President, General Counsel
Bob Ravener; Executive Vice President and Chief People Officer
Anita Elliott; Senior Vice President and Controller


Mr Dreiling,

My name is Andy Schabell, I live in Alexandria, Kentucky. I am very concerned about a Dollar General store that is being proposed at the entrance of my subdivision.

I know that you are busy so I will keep this brief. I would like to know if all Dollar General stores are operated like the ones I visited several weeks ago in Northern Kentucky. I saw stores that did not have dumpster corrals, stores that had been run into by vehicles and never repaired, stores that had so many potholes in their parking lots that patrons would park across the street and walk to the store, stores that had broken dumpster corrals, and stores that had trash lying on the ground all around them.

I have documented the stores that I visited on this website; http://nosummerlakedollargeneral.blogspot.com/

My question is; Is this the way the store you are going to build at the end of my subdivision is going to be? I would like to have some reassurance that not only will my store be different and well kept, but also that the stores pictured on my website will be thoroughly cleaned up and made to be good residents of their respective communities.

I would appreciate a response to my question, either via email at volffas@gmail.com, or you can call me at ***-***-****.

Thank you for your time,

Andy Schabell

No comments:

Post a Comment